Breaking News

Kathasaritsagara, The Ocean of Tales.

STOCKHOLM / ROME, Apr 08 (IPS) - Some memories stay with us forever. From my childhood I remember above all a few extraordinary moments – when I suddenly, after many failed attempts, found that I could swim and the same happened when I could ride a bicycle on my own. Since then, these skills have stayed with me throughout life, becoming part of my existence. However, towering above these instances of bliss is the moment when I realised that I had read an entire novel, one without pictures. One of those books that grown-ups were reading. From that moment the gates of paradise on earth were flung wide open. Friedrich Nietzsche once wrote that without music life would have been a mistake. He was probably right, but for my part I assume that without reading, my life would have been much more difficult, empty and boring. I cannot imagine a life without books. As a teacher my wish has always been to convey to my pupils the happiness and wealth books may bring to you.

Read the full story, “Kathasaritsagara, The Ocean of Tales.”, on globalissues.org



from Global Issues News Headlines http://bit.ly/2IgoXFj

No comments